UPDATE as of 9/29/09: Here is the additional list of relief centers, ways to donate online, calls for specific goods/items, calls for volunteers and fund-raising drives being organized. These are information aggregated mainly from Twitter and Facebook. Since there are countless information being exchanged at these social networks it’s hard to track whether this information is reaching the proper channels/targeted people or if it’s simply floating around being shared and retweeted. I am deluged with data so I figured I would have to consolidate and compile it to make sense and structure out of it.
I am continuously updating this post (hopefully for the entire day) so please hit on refresh every once in a while to update the list. I try my best to verify every link, but as for the phone numbers, please do the verification on your end. I am also sending this to the Google spreadsheet directory for documentation and reference. If you find errors, please call my attention through my Twitter or Facebook. Thank you.
FREE SERVICES OFFERED TO VICTIMS:
- HONDA & NISSAN OFFERS FREE TOWING! 09228504452 -09224452242 -09228997959
- Calamity loans available for those affected by Ondoy. Hotlines SSS 9206446 GSIS 4793645 PAG-IBIG 724 4244
- Cainta, Tanay appeal for more relief aid
- Carlos Celdran calling out for volunteer cooks to man soup kitchen in San Mateo later this afternoon. Text 0917 8861080.
- ADMU needs food.
- LSGH needs cars to transport goods.
- Xavier needs donations.
- Red Cross Shaw & MegaTent need volunteers
- Call for donations to San Mateo Rizal Municipal Hall; look for Romina Alfonso. They need medicines, water, rice, sardines, noodles.
- Red Cross needs volunteer divers who are experienced in rescue, search and recovery. Please call Gio Bacareza 09175777602
- Surfers w/ or w/o boards who want to help in the rescue operations,contact 09178441981/09278947232. This is in coordination w/ AlohaBoardSports.
SOS Rescue ASAP:
- Residents of FELIX, CAINTA still have not been rescued. Still flooded and no help for 72 hours.
FUNDRAISERS BEING ORGANIZED NATIONWIDE:
- Fundraiser at Escoto Store fronting Belyca Badminton Store, Brgy 2, Malaybalay City, Bukidnon Sep 30 3-10pm
RELIEF OPERATIONS / DROP OFF POINTS FOR DONATIONS:
- SLU (Saint Louis University) Baguio (in cash or in kind) — priority relief items: clothes, clean water , food, kitchenware, medicines, hygience kits, towels
- Ateneo de Naga University “Agap Luzon” now accepting donations led by the Center for Community Dev’t.
- Victory Sta. Rosa is also accepting donations. Please coordinate with
Mr. Gene Battung at 09228424403.
- Tulong Tomasino: Donation Drive for ONDOY Victims
- CCF St. Francis Square is open to all volunteers who would like to help from
September 28 –October 04, 2009 (Monday to Sunday) at Room 402 from 9AM to 5PM
- Tropang Villar — If you want to join our effort in helping Ondoy victims, welcome aboard! Call 0917-8122802 or 0917-4226800. We are also accepting relief goods at all entrances of Star Mall on Edsa corner Shaw Boulevard, Mandaluyong City.
- St. Scholastica’s College-Manila is accepting donations today.
- Parish Center Lily St. Tahanan Village — still accepting donations tomorrow 9am-12nn
- Akbayan Party List relief operations (donations and volunteers) pls call or txt: 925-58-43/ 09175381816 (Bayantel lines down so use these numbers). Akbayan office #36 b Madasalin St., Sikatuna Village, Quezon City
- RED CROSS — For those who are donating goods for the families by Typhoon Ondoy, you can send your donations from September 29 to October 2 to the BLUELEAF EVENTS PAVILLION, 100 Park Avenue, McKinley Hill Village, Fort Bonifacio, Taguig City, directions are as follows:From McKinley Road, enter Fort Bonifacio and go straight, then turn right on 5th Avenue, going towards Essensa. Go past Essensa and the American Battle Monument. Turn left on upper McKinley Road.Turn right on Park Avenue and then the BLUELEAF EVENTS PAVILLION will be on your right.
- LBC is now accepting donations nationwide for the victims of typhoon “Ondoy”
- SM Malls are also accepting donations.
- Star Mall (at any entrance) — Tulong Villar is accepting donations and supplies
- Typhoon Relief “Balikbayan Box Drive” Whittier Law School in Orange County CA
- World Food Programme — Help the Philippines weather the storm – just $18 helps a family with essential food. Donate online.
- Habitat for Humanity will be constructing pre-fab toilets & transitional shelter for Ondoy victims. Donate online.
- Australia: Pinoy-Aussies, LISTEN tomorrow &Thursday @ 97.7 FM SBS Radio-Filipino Program, CALL & DONATE! SBS Radiothon for Ondoy Victims.
UPDATE ON VARIOUS WAYS/MEANS FOR ONLINE DONATIONS:
- Philippine National Red Cross Online Donations: You can now select Typhoon Ondoy from the drop down menu when donating online.
- Some people got emails from Xoom.com which says, “Send a Fee-Free Money Transfer to Help the Typhoon Ondoy Relief Efforts”, if you got that, ask friends to check their emails, they may want to use that in sending donations.
UPDATE as of 9/28/09: According to MLQ3, relief centers are running out of goods. Please help.
I’m posting this email from Fight Poverty and Corruption for a Better Philippines by 2028, a Facebook group I am a member of. Facebook friends used to ask back then, what’s the relevance of joining groups on Facebook when you don’t really get to do anything but sign-in for a cause and then that’s it. Well, here’s the answer. This is where that group is put to use. So let’s pull all our resources together. There is no better time than this.
I find this information highly important and it is urgent that it reaches as many online eyes as possible, hence the decision to repost. I’m quite sure you’ve seen this in the dailies or somewhere else online, but I’d like to boost keyword prominence and easy searching for this information hopefully upped by this blog’s page rank.
The information contained herein do not belong to me, I did not compile this. Please give credit where it is due (check names at the end of the post). I hope this information gets pushed at Google and other search engines.
Again, below is a list of verified relief centers / drop off centers for donations for Typhoon Ondoy victims, our kababayans who need all the help we can give.
Alternatively, you can also refer to this online spreadsheet of relief/drop off/volunteer centers, edited real-time by concerned citizens. Check for drop off centers near your area.
09/27/2009 | 09:09 PM
This is the list of verified relief centers where people can drop off their donations for the victims of “Ondoy:”
UP College of Arts and Letters
Go to: College of Arts and Letters (CAL)
University of the Philippines, Diliman, Quezon City
Hotline: 09296454102 (Prof. Roselle Pineda)
Look for: Guard on Duty (in UP CAL)
Operations: 24 hours until Wednesday tentatively
# Donate medicines, clothes, blankets, food to be distributed by Citizens’ Disaster Response Center.
Go to: Katipunan Avenue, Quezon City
(Call or text contact number for complete address) Contact #: 09174741930
Look for: Erica Paredes
Operations: Throughout the week tentatively, from 10 am to 6 pm
# Donate ready-to-eat foods like hard-boiled egg, bread, packed juice, sandwich filling
# Volunteer to prepare sandwiches and distribute goods
NoyMar Relief Operations – QC
Go to: Balay Expo Center, Farmers Market, Cubao or in White Space, Pasong Tamo Ext., Near BMW, Makati
Look for: Clare Amador or Jana Vicente
Hotlines: 09285205508, 09285205499, 0908-6579998, 0939-3633436, 9137122
Operations: 8 a.m. to 9 p.m. throughout the week until further notice.
# Donate drinking water, old medicines, clothing, blankets, canned goods, noodles
# Volunteer to man stations and repack food.
Miriam Quiambao and World Vision Development Foundation
Go to: One Orchard Road Building in Eastwood or at the World Vision office at 389 Quezon Avenue, corner West 6th St., Quezon City
Look for: The guard in the lobby (on One Orchard Road)
Operations: Until Sept. 28, 2009 (Monday), 24-hour operation
# Donate goods like clothes, blankets, canned goods, crackers, mattress, hygiene kits, noodles, bottled water, oatmeal, instant coffee, sugar (for relief pack to be distributed by)
# Volunteer to help repack relief goods for World Vision starting today at 7pm
# Deposit cash donations to World Vision Development Foundation, BPI savings account number 4251002415 and BDO savings account number 270043411
Go to: Philippine Army Gym inside , Makati or General Head Quarter’s Gym in Camp Gen. Emilio Aguinaldo, EDSA, Quezon City
Hotline: 892-3417 (direct line), 845-9555 (trunkline) local. 6464 and 6466
Look for: Any personnel on duty
Operations: Ongoing everyday for 24 hours until further notice
# Donate relief goods (no cash)
# Call hotline for rescue, evacuation or relief assistance.
# Call to report missing persons
Papemelroti Gifts and Decorative Accessories
Go to: 91 Roces Ave., Corner Scout Tobias, Quezon City or mall branches in Ali Mall Cubao,, SM Fairview, , Glorietta 3 in Makati, SM Centerpoint, SM Southmall
Hotline: refer to website for individual branch numbers
Operations: Mall hours (10am-9pm), ongoing everyday until further notice
# Donate goods like canned goods, clothings, blanket, cooking utensils and other relief goods EXCEPT cash.
Ateneo de Manila University Disaster Response Group
Go to:, Loyola Heights , Quezon City, Manuel V. Pangilinan Building Center for Student Leadership Lobby, University Dorm Cervini Hall
Hotlines: 09089977166, 09178952792, 4266001 local 5050
Look for: Gio Tiongson, President, Sanggunian ng mga Mag-aaral
Operations: 24-hour operations for the entire week
# Donate goods like bottled water, sardines, canned goods, candles, cup noodles.
# Volunteer to help repack relief goods, administer basic first aid.
# Report missing persons.
# Seek evacuation/temporary shelter at University Dorm Cervini Hall.
Citizens Disaster Response Center (CDRC)
Go To: 72-A Times St., West Triangle Homes, Quezon City.
Hotlines: 9299820, 9299822
Operations: 8 a.m. onwards.
# Donate money, old clothes, blanket, bigas, munggo.
# Volunteer to help distribute goods.
Go To: Veritas Tower , West Ave. corner EDSA
Look For: Karla Turingan
Hotlines: 9257931 to 39, 0918VERITAS
Operations: 24-hours, tentatively until Tuesday.
# Donate old clothes, food, assorted goods, bottled water, cash.
Our Lady of Pentecost Parish
Go to: 12 F. dela Rosa cor. C. Salvador Streets, Loyola Heights , Quezon City
Hotlines: 632 4342397, 63 2 9290665
Operations: 7 a.m. till 10 p.m. Sunday, until further notice.
# Donate packed meals, bottled water.
Victory Fellowship – Fort Bonifacio
Go to: Victory Fellowship, Every Nation Building , across Market-Market, Fort Bonifacio
Look for: Pastor Bernard Marquez
Hotlines: 813-FORT, 8171212
Operations: Tentatively until 5pm, may may extend hours. Entire week until Friday.
# Donate canned goods, milk, bottled water, clothes, cash.
# Volunteer to help pack relief goods
Sacred Heart of Jesus Chaplaincy
Go to: Hillsborough Village, Cupang, Muntinlupa City, Metro Manila
Hotline: 8428148, 8079847
Look for: Genelyn Sembrano, Meanne Cuneta
Operations: Tuesday-Sunday (Sept. 29-Oct 4). 8 am to 12 noon, 2 to 6 pm
# Donate water, blankets, shoes, clothes and other goods
# Donate in cash
LUZON RELIEF: Volunteer / Donate / Pray
Go to: Renaissance Fitness Center, 2nd Floor, Bramante Building, Renaissance Towers, Ortigas, Meralco Avenue,
Look for: Warren Habaluyas, co-founder
Operations: Monday to Saturday (Sept. 28-Oct. 3), 9am-7pm
# Donate non-perishable food items, beddings, pillows, blankets, clothes
# You can donate cash but it is not encouraged
– Compiled by Annalyn Ardoña and Patricia Faustino, GMA NEWS AND PUBLIC AFFAIRS
Dennis de Guzman